Agree to Disagree
Debate in a non-hostile environment
There are 4 things that I try to remember
There are 4 things that I try to remember:
1) I do not know everything.
2) Sometimes I make mistakes, or I am wrong.
3) I try to learn from my mistakes.
4) I listen to other people, because they might know something that I don’t know.
These 4 things remind me that I shouldn’t take myself too seriously.
I suspect that some people see my list of 4 things as a sign of weakness.
1) They believe that they know everything.
2) They are never wrong, and they never make mistakes.
3) They don’t need to learn from their mistakes, because they never make any.
4) They don’t need to listen to other people, because they already know everything.
Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time. ~George Bernard Shaw
The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing. ~John Powell
If you don’t make mistakes, you’re not working on hard enough problems. And that’s a big mistake. ~F. Wikzek
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything. ~Edward Phelps
I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones. ~John Peel