Agree to Disagree
Debate in a non-hostile environment
how long do we have left?
The Legend for Global Warming Contour Maps can be found at the bottom of this page.
Global Warming – How Long Do We Have Left?
Recently, Mr Tamino wrote an article, called “Global Warming: How Long Do We Have Left?”.
Here is a link to Mr Tamino’s article:
As you all know, Mr Tamino is an overly optimistic, sort of person.
I can assure you, that he took no delight, in telling everybody that they would all be dead by the year 2045. This is when we will exceed the 1.5 degrees Celsius temperature limit.
He even tried to soften the blow, by saying that you might get a couple of years more.
The only way to avoid total disaster, apparently, is to do exactly what Mr Tamino tells you to do.
I don’t want to rain on Mr Tamino’s parade, but I noticed that he made a small mistake, in his calculations for the end of the world.
He forgot to take into account, the fact that different regions of the world, have different warming rates.
That is ok for some regions, but we have some bad news for Region 1 (from 90N to 48N).
Region 1 includes Canada, Alaska, Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Poland, Ukraine, Belarus, most of Kazakhstan, some of Mongolia, and most of Russia.
I am sorry, there is no easy way to say this. So I am just going to blurt it out quickly. You are all, already dead. Killed by global warming.
You have passed on! You are no more! You have ceased to be! You have expired, and gone to meet your maker! You are a stiff! Bereft of life, You now rest in peace! You are pushing up the daisies! Your metabolic processes are now history! You have kicked the bucket, you have shuffled off this mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin’ choir invisible!! YOU ARE, AN EX-PERSON!!
Just for the record, based on Mr Tamino’s calculation (corrected by me), you all died on the 21st of June 2014 (at 10:15 +/- 17 minutes).
Some news for anybody in Region 2 (48N to 30N), or Region 3 (30N to 14N), who thinks that this is funny, you shouldn’t bother making any long term plans.
With Mr Tamino’s help (he made the coffee), I have created a colour coded map of the world, which shows the outlook for each region of the world.
- Region 1 (90N to 48N) – Red – Already dead
- Region 2 (48N to 30N) – Orange- Not feeling very well
- Region 3 (30N to 14N) – Yellow – Don’t take out any long term contracts for Sky TV
- Region 4 (14N to Equator) – Light green – Slightly under the weather
- Region 5 (Equator to 14S) – Dark green – Have been better
- Region 6 (14S to 30S) – Aqua – Not feeling too bad
- Region 7 (30S to 48S) – Blue – Never been better
- Region 8 (48S to 90S) – Purple – Feeling great, but it is very cold, and I can’t feel my feet
People who don’t want to know exactly when they are going to die, should not read any more of this article. You have been warned.
- Region 1 (90N to 48N) – Red – Died on the 21st of June 2014
- Region 2 (48N to 30N) – Orange- Will die on the 11th of April 2039
- Region 3 (30N to 14N) – Yellow – Will die on the 4th of December 2053
- Region 4 (14N to Equator) – Light green – Will die on the 1st of April 2065
- Region 5 (Equator to 14S) – Dark green – Will die on the 14th of January 2062
- Region 6 (14S to 30S) – Aqua – Will die on the 10th of April 2081
- Region 7 (30S to 48S) – Blue – Will die on the 2nd of September 2099
- Region 8 (48S to 90S) – Purple – Will die on the 24th of April 2468
People in Region 5 are lucky. You were originally scheduled to die on the 13th of January 2062, but that is a public holiday.
Important – Please remember to return any library books that you have borrowed, before “you know what” happens.